One of the greatest acts of charity is to pray for the living and the dead, and the greatest and most powerful prayer we have is the Mass, since the fruits of the Mass are the very fruits of Jesus’ redemption. For that reason, all are encouraged to have Mass offered for loved ones who have died, or even for the living who have some need.
Guidelines for Mass Intentions
A Mass intention may be set for:
- A deceased loved one
- A living person who is sick or suffering
- A living person who is celebrating a birthday, anniversary or other special moment in their life
- In thanksgiving to God (including the Lord Jesus or the Holy Spirit)
- In thanksgiving for a prayer from a Blessed or a Saint
- For a prayer intention (so long as the intention does not contradict Church teaching)
A Mass intention may not be set for:
- A unknown or “private” intention
- A prayer intention that contradicts Catholic moral doctrine
The normal suggested donation for a Mass intention is $10.00. Checks are to be made payable to Our Lady of Loretto Church or you can make your donation below, online, just click on the donation button and follow the instructions.
Setting a Mass Intention
To set a Mass intention the request can be made in person during regular office hours, by sending it in the mail or filling out the form below. Mass intentions must be submitted 2 weeks before requested date.